Monday, December 15, 2008

I think we are getting the hang of this...

... Over the past few days, we have been experimenting with clicks and meds. Today he is at -11 clicks from where he started and only on a few Requip a day - he is beginning to see the balance between the meds and the DBS.

This afternoon we went out to lunch - his hands didn't tremor, his face was bright, I didn't have to say "huh" at all, and only once or twice did I get nudged from the leg with the dyskensias. All in all, a very successful outing. You can tell when the Requip starts to wear off though - that leg does some mighty strange things...

So, a friend of mine, one we met when we moved down here 18 months ago, stopped by last night to say hi and to check up on us. She sent me an email this morning. I am quoting her straight from the email, "It was wonderful to see Tim SMILE!! I can see why you missed it. I have to tell you that I am amazed at the difference in Tim. I hope that this will continue to improve as you guys learn how to manage the system". So, for those of you who remember the Tim from 7ish years ago... HE'S BACK BABY!!!!

No comments: